> Revenue was €12,346 million, up 4.4% compared to the first half of 2016. The pace of growth remained strong throughout the period (up 4.5% in the first quarter and up 4.4% in the second quarter).
Revenue was up in all the geographical areas where the Group operates:
- In France, revenue increased by 1.4% on a like-for-like basis
- Europe excluding France posted strong growth of 5.9%. The increase was particularly strong in Central and Eastern Europe (up 10.4%), Germany (up 4.8%) and the United Kingdom (up 4.5%)
- The rest of the world posted strong growth of 11.3%. The increase in revenue was 16.7% in North America, 18.9% in Asia and 23.7% in Latin America
> EBITDA amounted to €1,651 million, up 0.4%. It benefited from cost savings on the one hand and sustained growth in revenue on the other
> Current EBIT rose by 0.6% to €773.8 million
> Current net income – Group share is €295 million, down 8.6% but up 4.4% at constant exchange rates and excluding net financial gains
> Net financial debt fell by €117 million to € 8,561 million.
With these good results, the Group fully confirms its objectives for the year 2017:
- A resumption in revenue growth
- Stable EBITDA or moderate EBITDA growth
- Increased efforts to cut costs by more than € 250 million