The previous study and model, dating from 2010, were updated to define a works program that took the center’s operational changes into consideration: the integration of the Ariane 6 project, and reduction of Ariane 5 and Soyouz activities.
The project consisted of 7 stages:
1. Data collection;
2. Summary of needs/resources;
3. Model update;
4. Audit of future operations;
5. Defining scenarios for the supply of drinking water, fire-fighting, and industrial processes;
6. Technical and economic comparative of the various scenarios;
7. Prioritization and costs for the works program.
Seureca also designed all the water installations: abstraction, treatment, storage, flow and distribution of drinking water, industrial process water, fire-fighting water, domestic and industrial wastewater, and rainwater. The preliminary design studies and detailed design studies were carried out, leading to the drafting of a construction tender package for all launcher infrastructure for Ariane 6.